Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Seared Tuna Benihana Style



I love benihana's seared tuna and so I decided to come up with a copy cat recipe so that I could enjoy this anytime I would like.

Seared Tuna Benihana Style
1 tuna steak
1/2 cup minced onion
1/2 cup minced carrot
1/2 cup edamame shelled

1 cup french fried onions

Sauce
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce

Fresh diced avocado is optional...I did not have any so I did not add it.  It is delicious with or without it.

Melt the butter then add the soy sauce and vinegar and put aside until tuna and vegetables are cooked.
Salt both sides of the tuna
I like my tuna rare so I sear it on both sides and pull it out and slice the steak into strips.

Saute the vegetables until they are tender. Then  add it to the vegetables.  Crush the french fried onions over the tuna and veggies.

Mix veggies together and then add the sauce.
Plate and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the web.
Leaca