Tuesday, September 10, 2013

perfect potato salad

My husband loves my potato salad...finally.  After years of trying to use my moms recipe...she has never written it down or measured ingredients.  I finally decided to try my hand at my own recipe.  My husband will send me sweet texts about my potato salad.  It makes me smile and beam with pride.
I bake the potatoes instead of boiling them because I don't like how the potatoes are soggy after boiling.
I always mix the wet ingredients and seasonings together and then add the potatoes, celery, and red onion in.  After I mix all the ingredients together I sprinkle the top with sweet paprika and mix it in.

Leaca's Potato Salad

4-5 large baked potatoes - diced
5 stalks of celery - diced
1 large red onion - diced

Dressing
1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup vinegar
2 tbsp mustard
1/4 cup pickle relish
2 tbsp garlic-crushed
1 full tbsp of dill
2 tbsp horseradish
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
salt and pepper to taste

Mix the dressing ingredients together then add the potatoes, celery, and onions.  Refrigerate overnight.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the web.
Leaca