Tuesday, September 3, 2013

tomato beet salad

I have been buying refrigerator beets.  They are prepared and ready to use and they freeze well. I have been trying new recipes with beets and tried to find a tomato beet recipe but could not find anything.  So, I came up with this recipe and I love it.
One of my favorite spice blends is Tuscan Sunset from Penzeys spices.
I add onions, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, olive oil, salt, pepper, and Tuscan Sunset season blend.
Four small beets and a cup of grape tomatoes or a blend of small tomatoes.
Tomato Beet Salad
4 small beets
1 cup of small tomatoes
1 small red onion
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp basil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Tuscan Sunset season blend
salt and pepper to taste

Mix garlic, basil, vinegar, oil, seasoning, salt and pepper.  Add beets, tomatoes, and onion and then refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the web.
Leaca