ox tail (my friend buchi's recipe)
4-6 lbs ox tail
1 whole onion
3 dashes of worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1. preheat oven to 375*
2. place all ingredients in a dutch oven cover and place in the middle rack of the oven.
3. cook for 3 hours
1 1/2 cups arborio rice
1/2 cup white wine (or apple juice)
1 quart of chicken stock
1 cup tomatoes
1 cup spinach
1 med onion
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon parsley
salt to taste
1. heat chicken stock in a small sauce pan and keep warm to the side.
2. in a saute pan saute onion in oil and butter
3. add the rice to the saute pan and coat the rice will with the oils coating every piece of rice.
4. add 1/2 cup of white wine or apple juice. stir contstantly until liquid is absorbed.
5. reserve 1/2 cup of broth and add to a blender with one cup of tomatoes and one cup of spinach. blend all ingredients.
6. add 1/2 cup of the chicken stock to the rice until liquid is absorbed. continue adding broth until all the liquid is gone.
7. add the spinach/tomato mixture to the rice until completely absorbed.
8. add cheese, salt, and parsley.
9. serve right away