Friday, April 4, 2014

eating healthy

I am a firm believer that you have to add good rather than take away.  I have tried taking away my favorite foods and I always fail.  It seems I have to add good and the other foods end up replaced with something better. 

My niece is graduating this year with a dietician degree and one of her assignments this week was to study and follow the Mediterranean diet.  I have reading up on it and I am actually pretty excited about it.  It includes most of the foods I love and puts emphasis on fruits, vegetables and whole grains.  The only new item I had to buy was really good olive oil.  I have nuts, beans, lentils, fruits and vegetables.  Oh, and the best part, FISH.  Yeah, I got this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the web.
Leaca