Monday, July 15, 2013

bento 101

(Bought this one at Bed Bath and Beyond $17)
 (This one I bought at Target for $10 but I found a similar one at Walmart for $7)

1. Keep it simple
The best advice I read was to not put pressure on yourself to make Japanese style Bento's.  Make simple fun Bento's that your family will enjoy.

2. Prepare ahead
I normally make these the night before and everyone can just grab one as the leave the house.  

3. Use fresh ingredients
The point of making Bento's for my family is that they are eating more healthy and less preservatives...not that I don't throw in a treat or two sometimes.

4. Be creative
This is my favorite part of making Bento's is that they allow me to be creative with our food.

5. Love the food you prepare
Make sure you are fixing items that everyone loves to eat.  Nothing is more frustrating than a full Bento making its way home.

6. Buying supplies
I shop Amazon, Japanese markets, and online stores.

7. Buying Bentos
Amazon has a large selection of Bento's.  I have also found lunch containers in Target, Walmart, and Bed Bath and Beyond. 

8. Follow blogs for inspiration
BentoLunch.net
Happy Little Bento
Just Bento

100 Bento Boxes project

 
(EcoLunchbox on Amazon for $23.95)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the web.
Leaca