Thursday, February 5, 2015

Let's Explore -- Cara Cara

My husband and I were in Costco loading up on fruits and vegetables.  We like to buy items that will last a while since we live out in the middle of nowhere without a grocery store.  We do have a Chevron but unless you love prepackaged food it is not the place to shop.  We like to buy oranges because they really hold up.  These here need to be eaten which was no problem.  Anyway, they had these Cara Cara oranges.  I had never heard of them but had a good feeling about them.  In fact, I was so sure about this purchase I grabbed two huge Costco bags of these puppies. They are delicious.  The meat inside reminds me of blood oranges.  They are very sweet and juicy and as we all can agree that is why you buy oranges. 

This week I thought they would be the perfect subject for an exploration since I am totally and completely in love with them.  I keep them in this bucket on my vintage refrigerator.  I decided to leave them there and photograph them in there.

The above photo the colors came out different than the rest.  I am not sure why but I will guess it has to something with the light.
So part of exploring with my camera I like to zoom in on the tiny details that I might not normally pay attention to.  Make them the star attraction--like the handle in this shot.  I left the tip of the oranges in the frame to add more color.
 Focusing on the handle again here.....
and here I focused inside the bucket and included my feet in the frame.

More angles and points of focus.
Here I focused on the edge of the bucket but I did not love this shot but in the end decided to include it because I need to learn from each shot. 

Camera:  Canon 5d Mark III
Lens: Canon 50mm 1.2L
Editing software:  Photoshop CS5--I used the I Dream About Film Photoshop actions but I could not find them to share the link.  I bought them years ago and I love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the web.
Leaca