Thursday, April 10, 2014

Daddy Long Legs

It was Draw a Bird Day....so I drew a couple birds to celebrate.
So this photo has nothing to do with this post.  When I write about what I am reading I just have to throw a random photo in there because my iPad just doesn't photograph well.  It is not a secret and she knows she is not as photographic as the tangible books and she has accepted it and moved on. 

I miss reading and holding real books sometimes but we move so often and live in places without libraries to speak of so I opt to use my iPad and read from the Kindle app.  I continue to buy real cookbooks, art books, and my favorite books in the flesh (book flesh that is), but switched to the Kindle for everything else. 

Anyway, I was writing about Daddy Long Legs (sorry my attention span is lacking lately).  I was talking to a friend about epistolary novels and she suggest I read Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster.  I loved it.  It read so fast and easy and entertained me every moment.  I love a well developed character and a bit of mystery too.  It was the perfect read for me.  The older I get the more I fall in love with classics and can't get enough. 

Anyway, if you have not read it you must!

P.S. It is free on the Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the web.
Leaca