Friday, January 16, 2015

Primitive Portraits


I am taking the Primitive Portraits III class from Mindy Lacefield.  I love it.  She is a wonderful teacher but what I love most is that it is taking me out of my comfort zone and into places I would never have gone if it were not for this class.
She uses words like raw and rough.  My comfort zone is full of words like clean lines and cute themes.
 I am learning so much about shading and adding light.


On the Documented Life Project this week the prompt was to use gesso.  I love gesso and use it often.  I love the texture it gives to my pages.

Supplies I used:
Gesso
Mod Podge
Paints -- Hot pink, Teal, gold, white, black
Charcoal
room key card (I don't own a scraper thingy yet)
Dylusions Creative Journal


Shot this layout with the Canon 5d Mark III, Canon 24-70 2.8Lmm, I just converted the files to jpeg in Lightroom 5 but did not edit them. 

My other pages for the week are here

Linky party here




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the web.
Leaca