Friday, June 21, 2013

cupcake wars -- key lime cupcakes with lime custard

Baking for me HAS to be simple or I do not do it....EVER.  My friend always bakes us the most fabulous cakes for our birthdays.  This year for her birthday I thought I would return the favor in my own way.  I can't make the elaborate productions she does but I needed to put some effort into it just to show her we care.  She loves mustaches that is why the die cut is on top.

Key Lime Cupcakes with Lime Custard (not really custard but it sounded fancy)

1 white cake mix
1 key lime cake mix
Mix together and bake according to the directions and cool.  (I added a package of vanilla pudding)

1 lg package of vanilla pudding
1 small sugar free lime jello
Mix together using the vanilla pudding directions.

Cut the center out of the cupcake and fill with the pudding.

2 containers key lime frosting
Whip frosting in a bowl and fill pastry bags.  Frost the cupcakes and sprinkle with green sprinkles. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the web.
Leaca